Monday, November 17, 2014

Welcome to One10 RC

Hello and welcome. I will start right off by saying yes, this is not a "magazine" but a blog and one that will have articles and features and so forth just like a magazine. There is no subscription fee to join or any other costs associated with it other than maybe some swag in the near future in the form of shirts, hoodies, hats, etc.

My name is Scott and I have been into the 1/10 scale RC hobby only a full year now but it feels like several. My friend Bob got me into it by actually buying an SCX10 for me so that he could have a buddy to go out with. That was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me I think. At first I figured "oh great, a money pit" but in truth... I haven't spent nearly as much hard earned cash as a lot of guys out there have on this hobby. Not even close to some. I have 2 SCX10's now and maybe $2000 spent most of which came from selling off stuff I already had and never used. I have purchased the majority of my gear used off Kijiji too. A lot of guys sell rollers (no electronics) that they have about $400+ invested in for usually half or less the value spent. Their loss has been my gain so far.

One thing I have learned from getting into this RC truck hobby is that I get a lot of joy from driving them this is true but I spend far far more time in the build stages and that is where the true joy comes for me. The mechanical stuff, the problem solving, the mod's... you guys know what I'm talking about right? I'm sure you do.

Well... I guess I better get to "work" (is this really work? I mean... doing what you love?) and come up with the first article for this blog.

Thanks for visiting and please, do support the "magazine"

Cheers

Scotty
Editor in Chief




No comments:

Post a Comment